Friday 1 November 2013

Remembering Alex and Ian 6

Today is the anniversary of the day our twin boys Alex and Ian were stillborn.  They would have been six.  I wish they were here with us.  I wish they were choosing a birthday cake.  I wish I could guess what sort of cake they would really love.  We remember them with sadness and fondness.

Each year on their birthday I share some of the useful resources around stillbirth.

Happy birthday Alex and Ian.

Previously on Green Gourmet Giraffe:
This day in 2013: Remembering Alex and Ian 5
This day in 2011: Remembering Alex and Ian 4
This day in 2010: Remembering Alex and Ian 3
This day in 2009: Remembering Alex and Ian
This day in 2008: Ripple in Still Water

14 comments:

  1. Hi Johanna, you're all in my thoughts today. Your photo is very touching. Kirrily is a dear friend of mine (small world!) and through her and journeys like hers, I really had my eyes opened. Much love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Alex and Ian - and you are in my thoughts, Johanna, E and Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely and thought provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Johanna. I will be thinking of you all day today. Sending you big hugs from this side of the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember your post from last year very well. Sending all my love and will be thinking of you xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending my love. I'm a new reader who stumbled here on the food theme and didn't realise we had both lost babies. 30 October would have been Matilda's 4th birthday.

    Sending love as you remember your precious boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very touching Johanna, thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your warm wishing - they bring much comfort and cheer

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear that Johanna. I can't imagine how hard that would of been & still is :-( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your family are in my thoughts.

    Love,

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)